Friday, November 13, 2009

My Apologies

I want to take a moment and publicly apologize for my omission of the volleyball program's season and all-CVC results from last night's Fall Sports Night. I have apologized to the coaches and folks who received awards last night but I also want to do so for those associated with our volleyball program but who weren't present.

There is no great explanation for my mistake. I have no idea why I didn't catch it. No excuses.

Here's what I would and should have said:

"The volleyball team completed another year in which they ended in the playoffs. This has become routine for the program under Coach Armstrong. We finished the CVC season with 7 wins and 5 losses and the #3 seed from the CVC. We eventually were eliminated by Gresham - the third year in a row - a perennial power in Oregon volleyball. Another great year for our volleyball program."

I also should have mentioned the following athletes who received all-CVC honors:

Meredith Coba 1st team setter
Sydney Smith 2nd team middle hitter
Delanie Amador honorable mention middle hitter

Again, the participants and followers of our volleyball teams have a right to feel slighted and angry. Obviously this was not my intention. If I could go back and have a redo I certainly would.

Bryan Sutherland

No comments: